About Loop & Tie
Loop & Tie is a fast-paced, user-first, technology company building a new way to do corporate-gifting in a sustainable, impactful manner. Our fully-remote team is comprised of 15+ awesome people in New York, Texas, and NC.
Loop & Tie is committed to developing diverse teams. Our current team is 35% POC and 70% women, and we continuously strive to add more diversity on our team.
Overall Job Function: You are an experienced, business-minded strategic Associate General Counsel looking to drive strategy and willing to roll up your sleeves to implement legal and compliance processes from scratch
Job Responsibility including but not limited to:
- Advise executive team and staff in strategic decisions.
- Build and manage our company’s legal team as well as our legal and compliance processes from the ground up.
- Oversee all client compliance requests, requirements, and reporting.
- Oversee implementation of HR processes and policies.
- Demonstrate a broad range of subject-matter expertise in platform governance, including data privacy, employment law, regulatory work including data privacy, transactional work including contract negotiation and drafting, compliance, and more.
- Provide strategic legal advice across the company (including to the product team), balancing legal needs with company values and objectives.
- Support and advise on HR policies, procedures, and compliance.
- Support the team’s work, including negotiation of major contracts and development of standard contracts to support the business.
- Oversee selection and management of all outside counsel.
Who you are:
- You have substantive, extensive professional experience, with ideally 2-4 years in an in-house counsel role at a startup.
- You have a J.D. from a top law school with a strong academic record and bar admission (and in good standing) in either Texas or New York with a strong understanding of C-Corps incorporated in DE.
- You have strong experience building and implementing legal and compliance processes from scratch.
- You have a strong ability to turn legalese into language that everyone understands and believes in.
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills, holding yourself and others accountable with kindness and humility.
- You have impeccable written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- You are highly organized and able to juggle many projects at any given time.
- You have a proven track record of providing proactive, pragmatic legal counsel to business partners.
- You have sound judgment; you know how to resolve complicated matters while maintaining integrity and confidentiality.
What You Get:
- Fully remote role, so you can work from home
- 3 weeks vacation + a generous company Holiday calendar
- Wellness & Education benefits
- Dental and health insurance
- Influence in a small, fast-paced team